Occasionally, a bad date happens to one person at a certain point in his or her life. One should do some assessment before writing off the person for life. No sparks at all? Too nervous to open any topic? Is he or she being rude? Here are some things that you can do.
How to deal with a bad date
1. If you are feeling too nervous, opt for a date over coffee. You will have less time fidgeting due too overnervousness since after finishing your coffee you can easily bid your date a quick "ta-ta". 2. There is no excuse for a date who is obnoxious and rude. Walk away Renee. 3. You and your date are not on the same wavelength? Endure the date, maintain your composure and leave politely. If your date asks for an extension, say an after meal drink, you can always politely (again) say no. 4. If you unintentionally insult your date, simply apologize then move on. If your insult is not that severe, your date might just forgive and forget.
5. Never provide entertainment at your own expense. Humor is cool, putting yourself down is not. It is not worth it to make your self feel uncomfortable trying to impress your date.
How to move on? 1. Don't punish yourself for a date that went horrible, commend yourself for getting through it. Shrug it off, learn from it and then put it out of your mind.
2. Share the details with a friend. This way you can treat it as more of a joke than something that will haunt you for life.
3. Get occupied with other activities so you can forgive yourself and forget about the bad date. Exercising, eating something sweet or watching a movie will make the bad vibes go away sooner than you expect.
4. Honesty and kindness are a good combination when it comes to turning down a bad date who would like a second round. Say something a bit blunt but peppered with some praise -- is that an oxymoron?